The lovely Liss at Northern Rivers Writers Centre did a quick interview with me for the August edition of their Northerly Magazine. Here’s a snippet, and I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on adding to the list.
Oh, but first, a little taste of paradise…
What are your top 5 tips for Crime writers?
1. Read widely and think deeply to understand the different sub-genres within crime and thriller literature.
2. Know where your story meets or subverts reader expectations.
3. Practice writing in short, medium, and long form.
4. Connect with crime and thriller communities, like Sisters in Crime, and with writing centres like NRWC.
5. Put your work out to carefully selected critiquing buddies and beta readers to develop confidence and strengthen your writing.